Businesses, including law firms, are experiencing data breaches. That means the information you thought was secure is being compromised by hackers. It has been reported that as many as 25% of law firms experienced, will yours be next? We don’t know. What we do know is that having a team of legal IT services professionals working around the clock to secure and monitor the network and data will help prevent a data breach.
Whether your firm is a small estate planning firm or a large corporate entity, we know two things:
- Your firm is held to compliance and industry standards, including keeping client information and conversations private.
- Hackers are constantly finding ways to breach business data.
That means being prepared by having systems and education in place to thwart such an attack.
Why Law Firms Need IT Services
The American Bar Association offers The ABA Cybersecurity Handbook for attorneys, law firms, and related business professionals. While this is a useful overview, the reality is that cybercriminals are quickly changing how they are accessing data that you may think is secure, making it important to have a legal IT services team working side by side with you.
- Protect Client Information. We collaborate with you and your staff to ensure digital client data is protected. From where scanned paper files are stored online to antivirus software, firewalls, and updated operating systems.
- Expand the team. If you’re seeking to hire new employees, our legal IT services team will set up a secure workstation with appropriate security. Only at the highest levels is it usually required that an employee has access to all information about the firm and clients. In the wrong hands, this is a security risk. The “wrong” hands could be an employee who simply isn’t educated on what malware is and what it can look like. They click a link, and the entire firm has been compromised.
- Improve Processes and Procedures. As your firm changes, so will technology. Having the right processes and procedures in place will ensure everyone has the tools they need to do their jobs. We will work together to ensure systems are updated and upgraded as needed or wanted so that processes are streamlined.
- Increased flexibility. As with many businesses, there comes a time when administrative tasks are taking too much time away from working on the business, or in this case, with clients. Rather than spinning your wheels, partner with a legal IT services firm that understands what you need and will manage those tech-related tasks on your behalf, thus giving you flexibility on your schedule.
- Improved bottom line. We offer a flat rate monthly fee for services that fit the needs of your law firm. You won’t have to worry if one more call to the help desk will increase your bill. Rather, we build in that time, along with securing and monitoring systems all day, every day.
Bottom line is that when you have a legal IT services partner, you can focus on your clients and your team and not technology. Protect your law firm, stay compliant with standards, and let us take care of the rest. For more information, please visit our website and contact us today.