If you asked the companies that were hacked in 2021, they’d tell you data breaches, cybersecurity, and ransomware mean a lot more to their business now than before their systems were compromised. It can happen to your business too. PCC is here to support your business and protect data.
The Identity Theft Research Center reported a 17% increase in the number of data breaches from 2020 to 2021. Because of how the numbers are reported, this may even be a larger percentage. The cost of a data breach is an average of over $4 million, according to IBM, with others reporting even higher costs. What this means for your business is that you need a cybersecurity plan in place before your business becomes the next victim of a data breach or ransomware attack.
Cybersecurity for San Francisco Area Businesses
Any business anywhere can be the victim of a cyberattack. It can cost millions of dollars to get the data back from hackers holding it for ransom, not to mention what it costs in reputation management. Look at big brands like Facebook, Volkswagen, and T-Mobile, a few of the companies affected in 2021, and how they had to spend time, money, and resources to make sure data is better protected. Can your small business survive? Most would struggle, making the case for cybersecurity even more of a priority.
Cybersecurity protects systems, networks, and software programs from attacks. Hackers try to access, change, or destroy information. They may extort businesses, hospitals, and governments, and interrupt workflows. They can take down entire systems with a few keystrokes. One employee opening the wrong email can cause a chain reaction.
- Educate employees about spam emails and phishing scams. Scammers have gotten better about creating emails that look like they are from trusted sources. Check who sent the email address. If it looks odd, don’t open it and ask an IT administrator.
- Provide firewall security. If it’s too challenging to access your organization’s data, the hackers will move on to the next.
- Regularly back up data so that in case of a breach, information can be restored once it is safe to do so.
- Secure Wi-Fi and provide secure access to remote employees
- Hire an IT Services company like PCC to assess current systems, update workstations, and create and implement a cybersecurity plan to protect company data.
Partner with PCC and give yourself peace of mind that your business is as protected as it can be. Cybersecurity can save your business. It’s worth the investment.